DSpace
 

Academic Knowledge Archives of Gunma Institutes >
群馬大学(Gunma University) >
30 医学系研究科 >
3005 北関東医学会 >
330501 The Kitakanto medical journal >
Vol.68 (2018) >

Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/10087/12770

Title: Positron Emission Tomography/Computed Tomography before Treatment as a Predictor of 90Y-Ibritumomab Tiuxetan Response
Authors: Yudistiro, Ryan
Heryanto, Yusri Dwi
Kodaira, Sayaka
Higuchi, Tetsuya
Arisaka, Yukiko
Tokue, Azusa
Taketomi-Takahashi, Ayako
Tsukamoto, Norifumi
Yokohama, Akihiko
Handa, Hiroshi
Koiso, Hiromi
Ishizaki, Takuma
Tsushima, Yoshiko
Keywords: non-Hodgkin lymphoma
radioimmunotherapy
90Y-Ibritumomab tiuxetan
FDG-PET╱CT
response predictor
Issue Date: 1-Aug-2018
Publisher: 北関東医学会
Citation: The Kitakanto medical journal = 北関東医学. 2018, 68(3), p.151-156
Abstract: Background and Aims: Radioimmunotherapy (RIT) appears as one of the most effective treatment options for patients with relapsed or resistant non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL). Our aim was to evaluate the role of pre-RIT 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose- positron emission tomography╱computed tomography (FDG-PET╱CT) as an early predictor of 90Y-Ibritumomab tiuxetan treatment response. Methods: We included consecutive 20 patients with relapsed NHL (10 males; mean age, 58.5 ± 8.9 years old) who were treated with 90Y-Ibritumomab tiuxetan. FDG-PET╱CT was performed before and after treatment. Semiquantitative parameters of all measurable FDG-avid lesions were measured and averaged. A measurable FDG-avid lesion was defined as a lesion that showed FDG uptake higher than liver with a diameter more than 1 cm. Treatment response was determined by visual assessment based on a five-point score criteria from FDGPET ╱CT after treatment. Results: Fourteen patients (70%) were classified as responders and the other six patients (30%) as non-responders. All semiquantitative parameters except for MTV demonstrated significantly lower values in the responders compared with the non-responders (p<0.05). Conclusions: Semiquantitative evaluation by SUVmax, SUVpeak, and TLG before treatment were useful as early predictors of 90Y-Ibritumomab tiuxetan treatment response.
URI: http://hdl.handle.net/10087/12770
ISSN: 1343-2826
Appears in Collections:Vol.68 (2018)

Files in This Item:

File Description SizeFormat
68_151.pdf448.6 kBAdobe PDFView/Open

Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.

 

DSpace Software Copyright © 2002-2010  Duraspace - Feedback